Do you know the importance of using images in your content marketing?
You get it, I know. Content is important for marketing your business, ranking in search engines and attracting well-qualified, eager-to-buy customers. What you may not realize is the value of images in that content. We’re not talking about info-graphics, videos or memes, here. We’re talking about visuals used to illustrate your content.
Life is all about attraction. Of course, that can be interpreted in a variety of ways. But it makes sense in many realms of day-to-day interactions, decisions
Humans are visual beings. We’re attracted to beauty. Eye-catching visuals captivate us, then we use that focus to get a better idea of what a message truly is trying to say. Visuals give us a better understanding of not just the message, but what’s behind the message — explained easier, faster, and clearer than just a cluster of written words. The same can be said for sales and the forces that drive it, like marketing.
Curabitur dignissim fermentum nulla, vulputate auctor dui viverra eu. Sed libero urna, tristique ac quam sed, imperdiet placerat lectus.– Robert Green
Why you need Images in your Content Marketing
Here is why you need to include images in all your content:
- Articles with images get 94% more views
- Content with images is more sharable, and those shares are more re-sharable if they include images from your content (Facebook posts with images get 86% more engagement)
- Images give your content personality – they’re an opportunity to strengthen your brand “voice” (images don’t talk, but you know what I mean)
- Images help break up the text, making it easier to scan (people love long-form content, but they might not want to read every word!)
- Quickly illustrates the benefits of your product (for example: comparison shots)
- Direct users’ eyes where you want them to go
- Makes your site more credible
- Conveys emotion and makes your readers feel it too
Visuals can very well be the difference between having your content seen or not. Make sure you offer your audience, not just compelling content, but visually appealing content that is compelling and can withstand the challenges of different platforms. The numbers show just how much better rich media fares in the wild. Use it to your benefit, save money, and increase your brand following.